
I hear the Monday night Football game buzzing upstairs....Sean, I am sure, is half asleep, half watching the game. He was kind enough to let us flip between the incredibly disturbing show, "Hoarders" while commercials were on for the game. Tonight's episodes of "Hoarders" was extremely disturbing...dead rodents everywhere, human feces in plastic bags. OK, I just made myself throw up a little, but for whatever reason, Sean and I canNOT peel our eyes away from this show. Sean doesn't like to admit it, but we also can't seem to pull our eyes away from any episode of "Say Yes to the Dress" as well as "House Hunters International", oh wait, and "Lost." Can you tell we're wiped out by the time kids go to bed?
Wait, back up before I never hear the end of it...I definitely am the reason why we watch "Say yes to the Dress." I love watching girls be divas, and I think it's even more funny when they pick dresses that are ridiculous. This is what makes Sean laugh...especially the pageant Queen who picked a frilly mini-skirt dress for her WEDDING DRESS.
Anyway, this is totally beside the point...I guess a lot of things are on the ole' Jeannette noggin' right now. Internet, I have a small confession to make. Today I saw the commercial for the new 2011 Honda Odyssey, and something stirred inside me. Envy. WHAT? Envy?! Desire?! For whatever reason that darn minivan brought on a ton of thoughts that have been floating through my head lately. To get to the personal side of things...here they are, in no particular order. Oh wait, yes, the first one is in order.
~Did I seriously just drool over a nice shiny pretty minivan? Did I just put the word pretty next to minivan?
~When are we ever going to be done with school?
~I'm pretty sure we're outgrowing both of our cars. Fast.
~When will it not hurt to go downstairs (due to inflicting pain from the half marathon...miles 12 and 13 were brutal on my ankles!) <-----that's another post, another time.
~When will I lose my last 5-10 pounds. For real. Because there aren't any excuses anymore, I wasn't pregnant for 11 months.
~How can I get timeouts to be more effective? Or are timeouts just not the way to get things through little Iz's head?
~What am I going to wear for our family pictures in just two weeks? Never mind. The 40% sale at the GAP answered that question.
~Did I even have dinner tonight?
~Did I really just watch Carol Brady be provocative on DWTS?? Oi.
~What book should I delve into next?
~Wasn't "The Agony and the Ecstasy" one of the most amazing books ever written?
~When will we be done with school? Wait, I already said that.~What the heck is Eliza going to be for Halloween? She was going to be Dorothy, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. :(
~I miss our chickens. For the record, we did not eat them. The previous owners finally bought a house in NH and took them back to raise them there.
~I'd love to know Sean was coming home roughly around the same time every night. (Unfortunately, this will not happen for another 5 years....)
~Did I download the last photo session onto my computer yet?
~My arm hurts
~Did I take a shower today?
~I should probably finish a few of my projects, like writing in Eliza's baby book since she now has grown a foot or so! :)
~Is BYU football going to get any better?
~What should I get Eliza for her birthday?
~What should I get Sean for our EIGHTH anniversary?
It has just been one of those days where a minivan looked heavenly, so for now...I tribute this post to what got me rambling about such ridiculous things...
4 comments:
I love this post- it had me cracking up! For the record- I LOVE MY MINIVAN!! That new Honda looks amazing- I am drooling over it too! Seriously though, when you upgrade to a minivan you are going to be in heaven- it is so comfortable to ride in with the kids!
We do the same thing too- by the end of the day, all that I have the energy to do is sit on the couch watch TV or read a book.
ooohhh...a minivan. Our good friends here just bought a 2010 odyssey, and I was SOOO jealous. I think I drooled a little when we went to Cedar Rapids together in it...with all of our kids. ohhhh...minivans.
I never thought I would like a minivan. We bought one when we moved to Nashville. Loving it. It is not an odyssey but I still like it. I don't know how Honda can make a minivan look awesome/amazing/got-to-have-it-now! But they did!
the minivan is bound to happen.. then there's no turning back for another 20 years! Yikes. Love you guys tons!
Post a Comment