Friday, February 18, 2011

600th post giveaway- say wha??

I was getting ready to blog yesterday and noticed that I was on my 599th blog post since I started it back in 2006.

2006!!

Isn't that the year Bono and Cher sang "I got you babe"?? No, I'm being overly dramatic. The years have flown by and it has been so fun for me to take a peek every now and then back into the archives of our lives. Having this blog has been one of the best things for us. It has become a journal, so to speak, of our daily lives, my rantings and ravings, my personal thoughts and emotions, and so much more. We finally taught particular (ahem) technologically-challenged family members how to look at it.

Internet, wha? Type in www. wha wha wha? Blog wha? And then it will send me to a place with pictures of your family, wha?

So because of this, I am celebrating our blog in a giveaway sort of way! Promise me you won't get your hopes up too high! :) It's the thought that counts, right? Here is what I'm giving away to one lucky "seannette" blog reader (Sean and I are so cool, we have created a Hollywood blended name for ourselves. Oh yeah.)

Your choice of an 11x14 print of one of the following photos that I took:

Photobucket
or
Photobucket

PLUS, one of these:

PLUS some of my kid's toys that I think need to find a new home.
Wait, you don't want the toys? Alright, then we'll settle on the print and the i-tunes card! :)
All you have to do is leave a comment with your name (if it doesn't already show up when you leave blog comments), and one of your favorite or more memorable posts from our blog. If this is your first time checking our blog, then your assignment is to leave your name and a catchy blog post title that I have to find a way to post about in the near future. (This could get in-teresting!)

I will announce the winner this coming Monday! Good Luck!

17 comments:

erintucker81 said...

My favorite post has to be Sean (and Josh's) med-school graduation post. It was a long road, and they worked very hard. I personally probably would not have made it without you guys!

Jen Richards said...

Hi Jeanette! I did not know you had such an amazing blog! I guess since I just found your blog- the 600th post giveaway is my favorite :) Your photography is amazing. Love it!

Bill Leppert said...

Hey guys!! My favorite post was your very 1st one about going on your trip to Italy. There isn't a title for it, but it's my favorite because it meant that there was finally a way that I would be able to stay in contact with the other of the two coolest guys to ever come out of Yak-town! ;)

Sharbabe said...

Hi there gal! Its me Shari Bailey! This is my first time checking out your blog! So here goes!! The catchy blog post: Fall on deaf ears! :)

Lue said...

I love that picture of the bridge and I can't believe I'm going to win it now! Haha. I like the blog with the photos of the Ugly Sweater party.

Megs25 said...

My favorite post is the one of you in New York City because you posted some gorgeous pictures of yourself and reminded me of how much I would love to visit New York. Miss you!

Deborah said...

You have a beautiful blog. Congratulations on making it this long, WOW! How about a blog post entitled "Fly Me to the Moon"?

Becky said...

Ok. I love all of your posts. The picture ones are my most favorite. Your trip to Italy, oooo. I too love Caravaggio and saw that same painting of Paul's conversion. Doesn't it look like his horse is about to step on him? That one post with the article about a mother's time was pretty good. Anyway, Agent J, you are the best and I'm glad you keep up a blog for my entertainment, it's for me you do it right?

West Family said...

This one was easy...Outer Banks White trash pictures. So funny and soooooo gross! I also liked "Let the pictures speak for themselves" Sometime nothing needs to be said about an angry toddler:) Love your pictures!

Anne said...

Jeannette your family is so beautiful! Here is my blog post tittle: Weeding the pond and checking the blinker fluid: Lessons in futility. Love you!

Kindra said...

Hey Jeannette and Sean! We miss you guys so much..so much has changed since the Monaco Court days. I actually loved the post of your family picutures with the enourmous lollipops! That brought my back to my childhood days...Y'all are so creative.

Mike and Ashley said...

I remember how fun you made Sean's 30th birthday last year and I was pretending that I had someone that would do all that for me as I read through! Love it and you! I've been missing you lately! Hope all is well! Next up I think you need to title a post "what you get when you don't expect anything"...you can come up with all sorts of things for that!

Erynn Marie said...

Excellent. Thanks for your blog address. It will be a delight to stroll thru future postings and view future photos! You have such a gift!

AngiDe said...

Oooh congrat's on 600!!! and what a great idea plus those photos are FABULOUS!
I loved reading all your posts about Italy and seeing all the fun photos of you and your sisters & Mom. Brought back memories of when I was there. Plus, I just love seeing what you and your sweet family are up to.

Congrat's!
xo

maryp said...

I loved your Hawaii post way back when you guys went...love Hawaii and loved your pix. I also loved the NYC post, with the giveaway pix...I'm in love with the Brooklyn Bridge. My grandma has a huge collection of photos and paintings and whatever else of the bridge that I am trying to convince her to give to me. Hope I win!!

celeste said...

I am internet challenged and blog impaired, but I love you and miss you and appreciate the email link to your blog. (the oly way I'll ever find it btw) I would like to see a title called "I'm goin back to MI to visit my friend Celeste" is that too long? Does it need to rhyme? wink.

Ranell Jensen said...

my favorite post is (Hello) longest/most organized post known to man. I love all of the different pictures expecially the one of you and all of the Walled Lake Ward ladies. We really miss your family in our ward.