Sunday, February 13, 2011

pep talk

A friend brought over the cutest Valentines basket the other day. Ever since, these little hearts have served as a really great daily pep talk. Who knew! I mean, who doesn't like to be told such wonderful things?

I rock? Why yes, yes I do. I rule? Thank you, you're too kind!

With Sean's birthday so close to Valentines Day, we often find ourselves scratching our heads over the significance of celebrating V-Day and what to get each other. It's not like we are against a day honoring love, but it usually revolves around the fact that we just went out to eat for his birthday, and we just got to have a night out (thank you, thank you, mom and dad.) Doing that is plenty for us. No thanks to the incredibly overpriced flowers (believe me, I used to work at a floral shop for 3 years...) and no thanks to the chocolates (well....) Just being together as a family is what we love the most.

Photobucket

I am truly grateful for the love I have in my life; for the many things that fill my days up with more smiles than a frown could possibly imagine. Happy Valentines Day everyone!

1 comment:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

I feel the same way! Valentines Day is nice and all, but I don't like the pressure we feel to go all out. We usually just make a nice family meal and then Andrew endures whatever chick flick I choose!