Wednesday, February 23, 2011

sweet dreams are made of these

Today was a good day. I ran, I Wegman-ed (it should be a word), I showered, BOTH of the kids took monster naps, Sean was home by 5:30, and we had the missionaries over for dinner .

Today I rolled down the car windows just for the sake of getting a dose of fresh air. Us New Yorkers don't get much of that for oh....7 months of the year.

It was 28 degrees when I had the windows down.

Nobody in the car complained.

I don't know anyone who isn't itching for the sun, 40 degrees, visible grass on the ground, clean floors from snowy boots...on certain days when I'm feeling sick and tired of Winter, I close my eyes and envision this:
Photobucket
In 3 months, the Masino exodus will be taking place. We will be escaping the cold air and travel to our coveted Outer Banks beach. We will be together as a family, coming up with our traditional skits, balloon ball (not to be confused with volleyball), dance-offs, sunrise walks along the beach, and oh so much more.

The "X" marks the spot where I will be parking myself on the beach each and every day.

3 comments:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Aghhhh, the beach! I can't wait to see pictures of your family reunion again! Your family is an inspiration to how a family reunion should be run!

Amy said...

We can't wait for our exodus to the beach in May. It keeps me going as I face the bitter, cold wind of Rochester.

Amy said...

and I agree Wegman-ed should be a word.