Tuesday, March 08, 2011

deliciousness

Is that a word?

We recently ventured to a wonderful little gem of a place in the middle of nowhere. We had heard such great reviews from friends that we decided to make it a little family trip early Saturday morning. Sean got up with the kids, with me following soon thereafter because I wanted to get there sooner than later. It was about an hour and 15 minute drive, and I made Sean promise me that he wouldn't feed the kids anything before we left.

Sounds mean?

I beg to differ, because I know the catastrophic effects that "snacking" does to the kids. We sit down to eat and suddenly they aren't hungry anymore. So, we kept their hunger at bay, only to arrive and see a line going out the door and up the ramp. Dedicated patrons waited patiently outside in the rain, and I waited in the car with the kids until Sean was inside the door. And then we ran for it.

(Seriously, if it isn't snowing in NY, it's raining!)
Photobucket

The line moved rather quickly, and the little game table kept Isaac and E entertained while waiting.

Photobucket

We even cultured ourselves with the history of Cartwrights! :) The maple farm dates all the way back to the 1800's and has been operating ever since. Don't even get me started about the gooey goodness syrup they make on site.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We studied the map as to where we were in relation to NOWHERE
Photobucket

And then the blessed food came. Endless buckwheat pancakes and homemade syrup. It's amazing how much the kids will eat when they're really hungry!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is getting a little out of hand (e-baby trying to gulp the syrup. sick.)
Photobucket

And I caught the kids doing this on the ride home shortly before Eliza fell into a deep post-pancake nap the entire ride home.

Bliss.

Photobucket


No comments: