Last week, we broke out the grill. I love to BBQ. (This is not Sean talking. It is I, who loves to be in charge of the grill.) I marinaded chicken, grilled pineapple, roasted red potatoes in the oven and steamed fresh green beans. It was heavenly.
I had 5,000 helpings.
And I licked my fingers clean like a Barbarian.
Did I scratch my stomach, and pick at my teeth too? I can't remember.
Either way, we were one happy, full family. Today, on the other hand, it's cloudy and cold. (See what I mean? I kept the winter coats on hand for a reason!) We Wegmaned early this morning and returned home right afterwards, despite Isaac's plea to stop at the Library playground. For once, I didn't feel like layering the kids, and freezing to death.
This type of weather calls for the crock pot. Split Pea and Ham Soup. Mmmmmm, how I love thee. But I hope for our sake, that this is the last time I make it until the next cold season. I'm ready for some more BBQ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, I love a good BBQ!! Do you know that they just started selling crock pots here this past year???? We had an RS activity and the 3 American women in our branch (including me) were the only ones with one! I'm still shocked when I think about- how do you survive without a crockpot?!
Crockpots will forever change the future of Switzerland! :) there is something so rewarding about letting a crockpot do all of the work for me. It's the same sort of giddyness I feel when I go out to eat and don't have to worry about cleaning up. Oh the little things! :)
I tell you, in some ways these Swiss people are nutty. They seem so slow to change! I would love to do a post about all of the wacko things here, but I have some Swiss friends who read my blog and I don't want to offend them! For example, did you know that there is a law that from 12-2 pm (and I believe all day Sunday as well) it is quite time? QUITE TIME! Like, so mowing the lawn, no screaming kids outside. It is madness! You also have to recycle at bins placed throughout the town, but you can't recycle after 6 pm or on Sundays. Again, madness.
Ok, in response to your bang question...you had my dying with the hairnet bit! I do cut Afton's bangs just because it is easier and I think she looks cute with them. I'm just wondering at what point do I grow them out? I didn't realize that growing a girl's hair out would be so complicated!
Post a Comment