Wednesday, July 20, 2011

under the tuscan (not really) sun

Yes, e-creature, I feel your humidity pain. Parts of the body that shouldn't be sweaty are; knuckles, ankles, earlobes, fingernails, teeth...they are all learning the ways of sweatology. I kid you not, I wegmaned the other day and just from the car to the store my feet felt funny.

That said, we are cruising along in summer, ocassionally raising our fists to the sun for the 100% humidity it brings with it, but for the most part, we are seeing the only good thing about a long winter: a beautiful summer season (followed by an incredibly beautiful fall season to match.)

Just recently we found a Mennonite-built playhouse on craigslist and inquired about it. A week after our inquiry, the owner got back to us saying that he hadn't had any hits on the house, and he needed to sell it within the week seeing that he was moving. So, he told us to name the price.

Name the price?
Is this a trick question?


So we offered him the honest-to-goodness truth of what we could afford, and he accepted. We couldn't believe it. On top of that, what we paid him in turn also covered delivery. So, a few days later look what we saw pull up to our house:

Supposedly this thing weighs nearly 2 tons. Lets just say it is staying in our backyard for a good little while.



"Hardy harrr harrr harrrr...it looks as though I have a place to sleep when the wife has me in the dog house, harrrrrr."
Yes, Sean actually said this right about at this precise point in time.
And they laughed.
Men.

We are now calling this side of our yard "Ye ole' Country Time." We have the garden going on, as well as the chicken coop. It honestly does look a little reminiscent of Little House on the Prarie. OK, maybe not that much, but still.





Come Play.
The Ye Ole' Country Time House will be open year round.
I can 100% promise you that.

"Harrrdy harrrrrrr...the dog house will be open year round in case I'm in it. harr."
Oh Sean, you know I wove you.

3 comments:

kelly said...

no freaking way. that thing is awesome. when i see you in person you are going to tell me what you paid for that puppy.

ESOdhiambo said...

Score! That beats the heck out of a trampoline.

Amanda said...

That is amazing! You need to make one of those etched wood signs out front and open up a kiddie candy shoppe or something (you know it needs the extra "pe" at the end to make it legit).