Sunday, October 02, 2011

1st day of preschool

Preschool couldn't come soon enough for Isaac. He started inquiring about his first day of school on the way home from his 3's preschool graduation back in May. It was bound to be a long summer of asking the same question.

When the day finally came, I was greeted bright and early in the morning by Isaac. "Today iiiiiissss...PRESCHOOL!" I made him some honorary chocolate chip pancakes shapes in a messy attempt to spell out "A" "B" "C". He loved it, and that's all that counted. We hopped in the car, and then hopped back out of the car about 5 seconds letters when I realized I forgot my camera, and forgot to take a picture of Isaac in front of the house before preschool. We got a picture, hopped back in the car and finally made it to school.

The rest of the morning went like this:
Found his name tag, gave his new teacher a hug, gave Eliza a hug, immediately started playing with the toys set out...
and that was it.

I managed to squeeze a rather weak hug out of him. No backwards glance, no goodbye.
You think this would upset me, but I knew better. Isaac has always been this way. He LOVES school.






Eliza was in her element along with the big kids.
Needless to say she was not happy when we had to leave.



One of the perks of school this year is that Eliza is at an age where I can really have fun with her while Isaac is at school. Last year she was scooting around the house like this:


This year she is quite the little independent firecracker. We spent the morning at Highland Park. I pushed her on the swing for about 25 minutes, and then she actually walked by my side around the park for a solid 30 minutes. It was so sweet and special. I then took her over to Brueggers Bagel and got us both something to eat. By the time we finished, it was basically time to pick up Isaac.

Here's to another great year of school!

No comments: