Wednesday, November 02, 2011

because I can't take it anymore

Week after week, day after day, I have recently used all of my time at the computer either editing, or editing. This is usually how it goes as it grows closer to the holidays, and I wasn't surprised this year was the same. Except it KILLS me that my blog takes a hit. This is how I journal, and quite frankly, I'm pretty far behind. Like that awesome trip to WA to visit Sean's family back in June? Yeah, not on here, but should be (and eventually will be!) Or how about our trip to the adorable Olcott Beach Carousel Park? Yeah, not on here either. It irks me.

I have crawled into bed no earlier than 12:30pm as of late, and I ache for more sleep everytime I wake up to the most handsome 4 year old asking for apple cider. It is our drink of choice lately. :)

For now, I have closed up all of my editing tools, and have dedicated the next few minutes to saying a very Happy Belated Birthday to my Eliza. My e-baby, turned creature of the black lagoon, turned e-creature, turned I-love-her-face-I-want-to-smoosh-it-every-single-day-even-when-she-drives-me-insane.

There is little history as to why we chose her name to be Eliza. It wasn't because of some ancestor, or person of importance, or what have you. I honestly think I was on an elliptical machine at the gym when I was pregnant with her, reading Good Housekeeping (there was very little choice in magazines) and I saw that an editor's name was Eliza. And I knew. I knew in that very moment that we were to name her Eliza. I didn't care if Sean liked it or not, but it was going to be her name. Luckily, he dug it almost instantly. The name to me bears a lot of strength, and our Eliza has yet to prove that wrong. She is motherly, mimicky beyond measure, curious, adventurous, opinionated, vocal, focused, driven, determined, physical strong, has incredible balance, stubborn, sweet, sassy beyond reason, HILARIOUS, forgiving, tender, kind, sensitive and extremely social. Oh! What a social butterfly! My oh my...we just love this Eliza more than we could have imagined!

Eliza can sing "Frosty the Snowman", count to ten, finds killer hiding spots, has never once slid down stairs on her belly, but instead has always just walked, never using a railing (this just about KILLED me when she was still so young, yet so stubborn to not use the railing or go down on her belly.) She gets a crazy look in her eyes when she sees a dog and insists on petting it, she is fearless and a very good observer. When I tell her we are having pasta for dinner, she 100% always inhales sharply, and then blurts at the top of her lungs, "PASTAAAAAA!" She eats just about anything, she does frontward and backward sumersaults, loves to swim, LOVES to jump, she loves her blankets and most definitely her pacifier. I could go on and on about her. She has literally driven me to my wits end, and yet those eyes and puffy lips always reel me back in like a pathetic puppy dog.

Happy 2nd birthday to our Eliza!



6 comments:

kelly said...

happy birthday to one seriously funny 2 year old girl. the ones that entertain so well are usually the ones that "require a little more";) she is the cutest.
and i have always loved the name eliza.

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

I love the pasta-sharp-breath-intake imagery! She is such a beautiful little girl! Enjoy this next year! We loved it- it seemed like each day more and more personality came out.

erintucker81 said...

Happy Birthday Eliza! London says "B!" :)

Amanda said...

She is seriously stunning! Happy Birthday, Eliza. If one day she happens to hate her birthday being on Halloween, at least she'll be able to commiserate with Eleanor!

Jen Richards said...

I found your blog- finally!
Us Richards just love little Eliza! She is the cutest thing with the BEST laugh (you said it best- Fat Albert!). And I know she is going to make the BEST daughter-in-law (just kidding- but not really! haha!)

Jen Richards said...

I found your blog- finally!
Us Richards just love little Eliza! She is the cutest thing with the BEST laugh (you said it best- Fat Albert!). And I know she is going to make the BEST daughter-in-law (just kidding- but not really! haha!)