Tuesday, November 15, 2011

a corn recipe with zero nutritional value

The other day I couldn't help but secretly laugh when my mom and sister pleaded for my corn recipe, seeing that I won't be at the Thanksgiving Feast this year.

What's that?
You mean, the same corn recipe that you scoffed at the first time I introduced it at our Feast?
You mean the one that is one of the only dishes SCRAPED to the very last kernel by the end of the meal?
The one that grown men love, and ask for fourths?

ha. hahahahaha.
I'm sharing this recipe with those I love with only one request: do not suffer through one more Thanksgiving meal without it. You will thank me, as I continually thank my friend who gave it to me 7 years ago.

Incredible Cream Corn
2 lbs. frozen white baby corn (thawed)
24 ounces whipping cream
3 Tblsp melted butter
4 Tblsp flour
2 tsp salt
4 Tblsp sugar
white pepper
Parmesean cheese

Put corn and cream in a pot and bring to boil. Boil for one minute. (Don't overcook or the corn can get tough). Using slotted spoon, remove the corn from the cream. Make a paste of 3 Tblsp melted butter and 4 Tblsp flour. Add a little warm cream to paste then add to the cream in the saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add 2 tsp salt and 4 Tblsp sugar. White pepper to taste. Return corn to the cream and bring to boil. Put in a greased casserole dish, sprinkle the entire thing with Parmesean cheese and dot with butter. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

I leave tomorrow morning for Washington for the holiday and my brother in law's wedding, so here is an early, but heartfelt Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

1 comment:

erintucker81 said...

We make "The Corn" at every special meal now. Yummm. Thanks for the recipe a couple of years ago...everyone else will be thanking you soon :)