But forget it. I think it's a common thing to let go of something and take the time for another. Such was the case with this blog. And each time I look at my one and only blog book that took months to finish, I get that feeling in my chest. uggggghhhh. Pick back up, start new, work at it…it's worth it. I recently read an article that stated that children who look at pictures of themselves in different stages, as well as learn more about their ancestors feel more secure about themselves and their place in the family.
This week, Aunt Carrie is here visiting from Utah. She hand makes pinatas for kids, if that gives an inkling as to the level of love Isaac and Eliza share for her. Ramona is still being shy and cuddling in my shoulder, and giving her friendly stares but minimal smiles. (Spoiler: she ends up loving Aunt Carrie!) We have been having a blast, and the kids are thrilled she is here for another three days.
Today we ventured back to Harpers Ferry. The first time we came, we happened to come during their main festival. Civil War soldiers marched the streets, the restaurants were lively, the weather was beautiful. We knew it would only be a matter of weeks before we'd be back for more. Although the crowds were smaller, and the weather a little bit more brisk, we had a great time. We packed a lunch and ate it at the top of a hill, walked across the bridge, played in the water, and attempted to catch tadpoles. (ziploc baggies do NOT work) The trees are barely starting to change, so I imagine we'll be back again before the weather turns.
This week, Aunt Carrie is here visiting from Utah. She hand makes pinatas for kids, if that gives an inkling as to the level of love Isaac and Eliza share for her. Ramona is still being shy and cuddling in my shoulder, and giving her friendly stares but minimal smiles. (Spoiler: she ends up loving Aunt Carrie!) We have been having a blast, and the kids are thrilled she is here for another three days.
Today we ventured back to Harpers Ferry. The first time we came, we happened to come during their main festival. Civil War soldiers marched the streets, the restaurants were lively, the weather was beautiful. We knew it would only be a matter of weeks before we'd be back for more. Although the crowds were smaller, and the weather a little bit more brisk, we had a great time. We packed a lunch and ate it at the top of a hill, walked across the bridge, played in the water, and attempted to catch tadpoles. (ziploc baggies do NOT work) The trees are barely starting to change, so I imagine we'll be back again before the weather turns.















2 comments:
You will love the fall there. It is the most beautiful I've ever seen. One of the very few things I miss about DC. Glad your back on the bandwagon. You are not alone. But I finally decided I'm doing it for the kids, and my journaling (G rated and happy thoughts only ;-)
Karen,
The G rated and happy thoughts made me laugh! Yes, it's good to get
Back into it, even if we know the amount of time it takes. :)
Post a Comment