Finally we made it to the farm just 15 minutes up the road from Winchester. It was beautiful, and dreamy, and the trees were covered in snow. The kids played for so long, and never complained about the freezing weather. Ramona's fingers were icicles by the time we got back in the car, but she could have cared less. We found our perfect Frasier fir, grabbed some scotch pine garland, and a wreath, and headed home. I literally had no part in decorating the tree this year besides putting the lights on. The kids went to town on decorating, climbing the ladder, and making clumps of ornaments everywhere. It was a great start to the Christmas season.
Tuesday, January 06, 2015
Moose Apple
The day before Thanksgiving, we woke up to beautiful snow. Big chunky flakes were falling, and I knew that we needed to seize the day and grab our tree. But first I had to get through the first part of the day. Without having to explain a boring story, I'll cut it short. The kids were out of school, two had doctors appointments, after the appointment I was driving to meet a friend, and I ran over a piece of debris from a car accident and literally heard my front right tire pop. We got it figured out, and later made our way to the tree farm only to run out of gas (because of an appointment card I had set in front of the gas gauge. All of this while it snowed and snowed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















1 comment:
A very nice adventure next to a tree farm! The photos are wonderful and everybody looks happy!
Post a Comment