Friday, October 12, 2007

What's Worse???


Do you press the elevator buttong with your knuckle or your sleeve to avoid the germy touch of the tip of your finger? Do you find any means possible to not touch the public bathroom doors? Please tell me it's not just me. Come on...I know many of you have seen some pretty nasty stuff or have just as many things that I have on my Hate-To-Touch list. Sean and I were laughing as we made up our new poll. With each one named off, the other would say, "OH YEAAAAAHH! That is GROSS!" With this above toy in mind, Sean and I just recently sat in a waiting room with two or three of these things. I think they're pretty neat toys...BUT NOT WHEN THEY ARE IN A PUBLIC WAITING ROOM AND YOUR CHILD IS RUNNING THEIR TONGUE ALONG THE ENTIRE THING. Yes, oh yes, we witnessed this and as my sister Livy always says, "I just tasted throw up." Where do you draw the line with children? When you see them licking toys or putting their fingers in their mouth after they just got done bumper bowling do you take their fingers out, or just say to yourself, "Damage done." :O) I'd love to hear what you have to say. Do you look the other way imagining that your son/daughter who is eating their boogers is no longer your kid? What are some of the gross encounters you've had?

4 comments:

Livingstons said...

Yeah, I found a new one... the county health department waiting room. Just the whole room, especially when you can smell the poop on the little boy offering your baby a piece of soggy cracker. Anything's worse with a baby.

Justin said...

I am sure that I'm too laid back as a mother. I'm one of those "oh well, if it won't kill you it will only make you stronger" type moms. BUT, I do have a yucky story. When Nathan was just a crawler, we were at church one Sunday and ended up in the foyer (as usual). I saw a friend and was temporarily distracted when I looked down and saw Nate chewing on something. I put my finger in his mouth to pull out a used bloody bandaid!!!!!!! Yes, worse than licking the bead game at the Dr. office.
:) Chrissy Krebs

Melisa said...

I've mellow now that I've seen that my kids have survived the various things that have inevitably ended up in their mouths. I'm working hard to not become Monk, though I do love him. I definitely have some tendencies that lean towards Monkish, so I'm working on it.

Brynn said...

HUGE HUGE HUGE PET PEEVE: public restrooms...when you have to pull the door open. I always use a paper towel to open the door and I decided long ago that if they make you pull the door open, there should be a garbage can nearby to drop the paper towel into. If there is no garbage there, I throw it on the floor. I am generally not into littering, but inthis case, I say, it is their fault they installed stupid doors and didn't leave a garbage can by the door. Also...just the sheer number of women I have witnessed not washing their hands when they get out of the bathroom...ewww. Even before I had Joseph that stuff was nasty. It still is. BOO to bad public restroom planning.