Sunday, November 11, 2007

I SMELL...THANKSGIVING!!





It's a shame babies can't appreciate Thanksgiving like we can. Or actually, it's probably a good thing. I'd give Sean diaper duty, if ya' know what I mean. I always loved this time of year when I was teaching. November 1st meant Thanksgiving was just around the corner, and then Christmas was soon to come. I was in the store the other day and a sign said, "44 days 'til Christmas." I just about choked. I honestly have not had a Christmas thought since....hmmm...last Christmas.


Now that Isaac is getting bigger I find myself not using my camera as often. Isn't that weird? When he was first born I snapped away at him amazed by how small he was...and how new everything was. His first bath, his first dinner, his first explosion...now, he's doing a lot of the same old but learning new tricks like sitting up, rolling from one side of the room to the other in 10 seconds flat, creeping towards objects (especially cell phones and the remote control.) He sat in a high chair for the first time in a restaurant we went to the other night and he had no idea what was going on. He looked like he was "Low-riding." So, it's these new moments that I have to remember to take out the camera and take pics, even if he's doing some of the not-so-new tricks. They are just as cute and so fun to compare to the earlier pictures!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Such sweet pictures. Don't forget to capture these moments because they will be gone in a flash! These would look cute black & white with a splash of color!

Brynn said...

Oh geez, what a HANDSOME BOY!!! and HOORAY for Thanksgiving and Christmas! Are you guys sticking around for the holidays?

Becky said...

Thanksgiving? It's almost Thanksgiving!? Well, now that it's snuck up on me,I'd better start looking for a "medium ostrich" as Reed calls Turkeys. Those are adorable pics of your little man, as usual. It's hard to go wrong when the subject is so photographic.

Unknown said...

Isaac is the cutest little boy in the world. I love your pictures. Now I'm not going to lie, I've been begging Steve to let me put up the Christmas tree since October. Yeah. I'm one of those. He keeps telling me to enjoy one holiday at a time. I do love Thanksgiving, but my absolute favorite is Christmas. My decorations are out of storage and ready to go. (No My Little Ponies this year though!)

Melisa said...

How can you stand to be around such cuteness all of the time?! He is such a cutie! Those eyelashes are to die for!

If you think it is hard to remember to take pictures as things become less and less new, wait until you have more and more kids. hahaha I am soooo bad about getting video of Calet. Poor baby girl.

Livingstons said...

What a babe! It's not weird that the novelty of a new baby has worn off and there are less pictures - but there will be less opportunity when he starts moving. You won't even have the option!