Monday, May 19, 2008

The never-ending process of moving...again

Sean and I are pretty convinced that we'd make incredible Nomads. We're getting ready for our third move in under 4 years, and we couldn't be more sick of cardboard boxes and tupperware bins. In fact, Sean decided to pack a ton of boxes one night while I wasn't home and about a week later I got thinking about all of those boxes and asked, "Hey, did you label all of the boxes?" Silence. It's a good thing Sean is seriously the best husband or else I probably would have started to hyperventilate at the thought of 20 unlabeled boxes. Luckily it's not stuff we need immediately. We'll officially be moving in 3 weeks and it seems very bitter-sweet. This feeling happens everytime we move. We're happy because we're super excited about our new place and town we'll be living in (picture Skanneatlas, for all of you from New York) but we're sad to leave behind an incredible bunch of friends, many of whom have husbands who are going through the same process of Med or Law School. We will really miss their company!!


We're also in the process of getting use to a fully-walking, incredibly curious one-year old who just keeps getting more and more fun to be with. He loves our patio which he'll spend a ton of time on, and he is beginning to communicate with us more and more. I am completely amazed each day at how fast he has grown. We are lucky and blessed to have Isaac in our lives. Without fail, ever single night we say to each other "isn't he the best thing?" I'm glad we're on the same page:)


Grandma and Grandpa Masino came into town to help us with our move. Although we won't have the U-Haul here for another two weeks (because of new carpeting that we're putting in our new place) they were still able to help a ton! Mom put her sewing skills to use and made some new pillow covers and a skirt that will go around our bathroom sink. We also shopped at IKEA, and bought some draps for the living room and bedroom. Isaac couldn't get enough of Grandma and Grandpa as you can see in the above picture. Grandma was trying to sew and Isaac kept bringing his toys over to her to play. So cute.


Hooray! A family picture. Although it's not the best picture of us, we finally have one:) My parents were about to get into the car to start their drive back to N.Y. and I remembered to get the camera so we can document that we truly are a little family:)


Isaac's biggest buddy for the weekend had to be my Dad, hands down. What you can't see in this picture is that it was Sean and my mom holding his hands at first, but he wiggled his hand out of Grandma's and went straight to Grandpa. He must've needed some male-bonding time. He had such a grin on his face the entire time! Dad was a huuuuge help to Sean putting together some new furniture from IKEA and helping with the drop ceiling we're putting in our basement. I know that without their help, we wouldn't have gotten any of this done! Things really change once a child is involved!

Unfortunately, Spring is already going by so fast, and I know it will only go by faster with what we have ahead of us. First the move, then Isaac and I are taking off to Utah and Washington and then to New York. We basically will be here in Michigan for only or 6 days out of the entire month of June. We planned it this way so Sean can really study hard for the boards without any distractions. But I'm super excited, and I'll be sure to post when I get the chance!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Sean said...

Thanks for doing the blog, it makes me so happy that you are willing to do this for our family and friends! -Sean

Becky said...

I think I'm going to cry...sniff, sniff. I think there needs to be a reunion of sorts for all of us move-inner-outers because I really want to see you guys again. Your Isaac is walking?! Isn't it so fun?! I love it when they get mobile, but that means a reassessing of the placement of certain objects. I'm so glad your parents have been able to help you guys and I'm sure you've been having a blast at IKEA. Isn't it so fun to decorate your own place? I'll see you later!
B.

The Taylors said...

So, why are you guys moving again? Are you going to be doing your residency Sean? That crab video was awesome. I thought it was a huge crab eating a tortilla or some pita bread or something, seriously. I didn't realize it was just a little guy until I read the post and learned he was eating a tortilla chip. We love reading your guys' blog. Issac is a cutie.

Jerry

Unknown said...

Have a great move! How fun for you guys. I'm sure you'll be crazy busy, but if you can, give me a call when you're in Utah and we can go to lunch or something. Isaac and Analysse have to meet since they are betrothed (I think that's how you spell it!) And she would love to have another little friend to play with.

Natalie said...

This post makes me so sad! I can't believe you're moving so soon. I am so glad I got to meet you and your cute family. Isaac is so darling and I can't believe he's walking around. To me, it seems like babies grow up 10 times faster once they start walking. Amber loves the picture of Isaac and your dad and Sean, and she said, "I love that statue of Mary holding Jesus" when she saw the photo of the Pieta. Thanks for the culture lesson! :)

Melisa said...

You're leaving so soon! Argh! I don't envy you the packing with a little one running around scene. Good luck!

Brynn said...

GOOD LUCK with the move!! I am relieved that we are done with that (at least for a couple months till we move into our own place). And...Utah? Will you have time to play with me and Joe?? And I agree with Becky about the reunion. I hope I'm invited! :)

Amanda said...

isaac is adorable! That is so exciting that he is walking now! When are you going to be in Washington/Utah?? Let us know!

Tori said...

Goodbye! We are really going to miss you guys! Jayda will miss her little buddy Isaac, and I'm going to miss all our visiting teaching lunches and outings. Thanks for being such great friends. We'll miss you but it's exciting to go on to the next step!