
Oh Isaac. How small you once were! How still and peaceful, quiet and sleepy....
As I sit here listening to you sing and hum and jump and play when you should be taking a nap, I can't help but feel the need to write you a little note. This is day 5 that you've fought off all of your naps. Somehow you find adventure and fun in a crib with nothing but blankets. You find joy in bouncing, and singing songs, especially when you should be sleeping. This is not a habit I'm ready to form. A toddler like you who blasts through energy at the speed of sound should be pooped by 9am! I beg you, Mr. Nap, do not leave me this soon.
And although there have been many moments over the past few weeks that have been trying (to say the least,) I'm thankful that you are just the way you are. I'm thankful that the sky is the limit for you and your many adventures. I'm thankful that you spontaneously give me kisses in moments less than peaceful. I'm thankful that you love so unconditionally, and forgive your Mommy who has to take away your coveted toys such as toothpaste (that got all over the couch) nail polish, and chap stick (which got all over his church clothes within 5 minutes of sitting down at church.) I'm grateful that you love to read books, and sing songs, and fly through the house like a tornado. I'm grateful when I catch you looking at me and smiling with no reason other than because you love me. I love you, little guy! But please, go. to. sleep.
(By the time I finished writing this, Isaac was asleep. Sigh.)
5 comments:
Ahh, they become angels when they sleep, don't they? I remember when all 3 of my girls gave up the nap, and I had the same reaction... "Oh no! Not yet! I'm not ready!!" :)
I've been browsing through all of your Hawaii pictures and instead on commenting on each post, let me just say that they are all so breath taking. I am so glad ya'll had a great trip. It looks fabulous!! What a cute family!! :)
Yeah--boys are the greatest aren't they? They thoroughly kick their Mamma's trash, but they're the best. :) It helps that they're really cute.
I'm glad he finally napped for you. I think I cried when Jonah gave up his nap--but now he has "rest time" which works just as well--most of the time. :)
You should have plenty of time before his nap is actually gone, but don't you love those times when they change up the routine for a couple of weeks, just to freak you out? :)
I'm not sure what is in the crib either that is so amusing? Analysse will sit in her crib before she falls asleep and just laugh and laugh. Maybe she's like me and thinks she's really funny :) Ok, I admit it, I think she's really funny too :) I'm glad he finally slept. At least he's not crying or screaming or anything, so maybe it can be considered "rest" time instead of nap time.
What a sweet post, Jeannette!
Post a Comment