Wednesday, January 26, 2011

on the mend.

Someone needs to fly a crop duster over the city of Rochester with barrels of Lysol in tow and spray the entire city. For real. It seems like every family I know has been battling "the bug" and we weren't cut from that list by any means.

When we had the chance to go to Sean's Anesthesia Holiday Dinner the other night, if there really was a bit to chomp on, we would have eaten the entire bit.

And asked for seconds.

Our kids were sound asleep before the babysitter even came over, and I delightfully showered away the smell of puke (from Eliza on this particular occasion) and got dressed up and actually remembered to put on my deodorant and makeup. We had a great time visiting with Sean's colleagues and friends.

KNOCK ON WOOD, but I think we are finally on the mend. Isaac's bout with the bug was nearly two weeks ago, and Eliza's is slowly clearing up. Except for the blowout diapers which I was trying desperately not to mention in this blog in fear that I might dry heave. Our washing machine has been running constantly, our kids have been in heaven with 2-3 baths A DAY (thank you, blowouts) and my skin is so incredibly chapped from giving 3 baths a day I think we've paid our dues with the bug and I kindly ask it to leave our house and give us a break.

Now about that ear infection I think E-baby might have...

2 comments:

Becky said...

Ah, blowouts. Isn't that what our washing machines live for? Glad you're all on the mend.

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

I hope you are fully on the mend! I'm obsessed with your writing and obsessed with your pictures! I LOVED the snow ones you took! I'm hope you guys aren't buried in snow right now! And if you are- I hope you are comfy!