Today, I took a blessed, blessed nap.
Except naps don't work for me anymore. I use to take them every so often in college, only because I knew I'd be up until 1am, because that's what college girls do, right? I am restless, so I decided to turn to the blog in hopes that I can bore myself to tears...actually bore myself to BED.
So, without further ado, here are a few random tidbits:
1. I am in love with Colin Firth. Sean knows of my crushes, even my crush on Dwight Howard's shoulders. No really, {check them out.} I went to go see "The King's Speech" the other day, and I just fell in love with his acting all over again. Such a magnificent movie. No fuss over scantily clad women, or overbearing cinematography. It was pure genius acting. (Geoffrey Rush and Helena Bonham Carter, to add!) I think everyone should go see the movie. heck, I'll go with you to see it again if you'd like. :)
*And just in case you are wondering, I totally fist-pumped all to myself when Colin Firth won best Actor tonight at The Golden Globes. *
2. As far as reading goes, I've been hitting the books quite a bit lately. I guess that's what happens when winter weather sets in, and kids are in bed by 6:45 (no exaggeration.) The one that I'm currently reading is wonderful. In fact, I think it was an assigned book in one of my educational classes at BYU that I'm guessing I totally skimmed. Honestly, it probably wouldn't have had the same impact it has on me now.
The title is "Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys."
If you work with boys, have a son, have a nephew, or know a single boy in the world (ha!) you should read this. I am not entirely finished with the book, but it has been so enlightening for me especially since I have a son, who is, shall we say 100% boy who doesn't always have a handle on his emotions (but then again, what almost-4 year old boy does?! Seriously!) This was right up my alley. But like I said, it's a great book for everyone.
3. YMCA=a slice of heaven on earth.
I seriously need to work for the YMCA. We are there at least 4 times a week taking advantage of just about every program they have to offer. The workers are so wonderful with our kids, and I am finally branching out and trying more of the classes. Let's just say I think I found my new addiction: spinning! It's such a great workout, and a great instructor. We swim with the kids at night probably twice a week, shower them in the locker room, put them in their pajamas, and put them to sleep immediately upon returning home at night. It's a wonderful way to avoid the 4-7 pm witching hours.
We have moved so much over the last 5 or 6 years, and there are always a few things I look for when I move to a new area:
-How close is the nearest Target?
-IS THERE A YMCA NEARBY?
-Sam's Club or Costco? (preferably costco, by a long shot)
...and the list goes on and on. Anyway, join the Y if you haven't already! You and your family won't regret it!!
3 comments:
Right after reading your blog, I went to the library site and put a reserve on that book. I need all the help I can get! Y-M-C-A duh-duh-duh-duh ...
I wish they had them out here but if they do I've never seen one.
I got so much reading done on those ellipticals. We just bought the Wii and the Wii fitness so we shall see if it works for me. I guess it makes a picture of how you look according to your weight, bmi and whatever. I think I'm going to be insulted once I see the results I may even run to my room and have a good cry in my pillow. Your regimen sounds so much more fun and probably less emotionally scarring.
I love the Y!!! My kids love it there, plus when I'm in class they will take my kids out of child watch and take them to and from class! love it. I really love the heat and cardio conditioning. Plus they have been so kind to us in our student situation. Amen on the Costco comment as well.
I love Colin as well. You need to read the trilogy of Mr Darcy. It is his side of the story of Pride and Prejudice. Love it and can totally see him while I read it. author is Pamela Aidan (Fitzwilliam Darcy: Gentleman is the series name)
karen,
I'm so glad you guys have a Y nearby as well! I've read the first book of her series and loved it! Maybe it's time to pick up the rest! thanks!
Becky,
You'll love that book, seeing that you have three littly guys yourself! I miss you, Agent B! Give those sweet blondies (and brunette!) a squeeze from me!
Post a Comment