The night before the trip: we strategize our drive.
The night before the trip: I am giddy in knowing that this is the first time Sean has ever been able to do the entire trip with me.
The night before the trip: We pray really, really earnestly that our children make the bed-to-car transfer without waking up.
3:30am: We hit the road.
3:35am: Sean and I look in the rear view mirrors only to find two very quiet kids who are unfortunately wide awake.
By 4:00am, the kids are fast asleep in their carseats, and the caravan to North Carolina is underway.
I feel I can speak on behalf of the entire family in saying that we wait for this trip from the very second the last trip ends.
Our family began vacationing in the Outer Banks when I was around 12. It's a funny sort of transition we have made over the years. At first, we rented a condo. It was great. Then, we rented a house at least 6 blocks from the beach. That was great. Then we rented a house semi-oceanfront. That was awesome. Then we rented a house last trip that was finally Oceanfront, which was awesome.
Except for the fact that the dunes completely covered our views...of the ocean.
Seriously.
So, we went back to the drawing board and searched and searched for the perfect house for this trip, and I think we might have finally found it. There is nothing like pulling up to any of these houses and getting out of the car after 12 hours and knowing that for the next week, it will be pure awesomeness. Yes, awesomeness.
The kids did amazingly well on the drive down. No, really, Sean and I were in awe. The slept in until 7:30am, we got breakfast, hopped back in the car, and before we knew it BOTH were back asleep by noon. This, in no way, ever happens with our kids. Before we knew it, the entire family was there.
I have to admit, I believe our family has this vacation down to a T, and we certainly know how to have a good time. I am happy to report nobody wet their pants from laughing too hard while on this vacation. This in and of itself is a great accomplishment.
We all squealed when we saw the view from our house. Now THAT, is oceanfront thankyouverymuch.
We unpacked the car faster than you can even imagine, changed into our bathing suits and hit the beach.
WE THOUGHT CALVIN, THE WONDER DOG WOULD EVENTUALLY GET TIRED OF THIS...
but he didn't.
WE PLAYED
WE LOOOOOVED HAVING A KID TABLE
As you can see, we take this very seriously, probing the tanks in their aftermath state to see which person will move on to the next round.

WE HAVE WINNERS AND LOSERS
E-baby just wanted to be held the entire time we did tank wars
Everyone LOVED the hot tub. Can you tell?
Seriously, I have the cutest nieces...
and the cutest nephew...Michael-man, who managed to grow about 6 inches since the last time we saw him.
WE RODE THE WAVERUNNERS ON THE SOUND
Jane and Isaac, in their own world.
Last but definitely not least, we had aaaahmazing food.
I should have packed a pair of stretchy pants.
please do not judge us. :)
After about 100 attempts, we finally have a family picture!!
I cannot even begin to explain how much I love my family.
camera shy:
Hide and go seek. (this year, we actually made sure to find everyone...and not leave them hiding for 30 minutes)
Countless games of Scum
Dad doing his Dad-dance
Crab hunting on the beach at night
Jessy and Kel's aaahmazing Steak Fajita dinner
:)










2 comments:
LOVE IT!!!!!
These pictures are awesome!!! I also love how you added the captions- they are hilarious! I want to go to the outter banks now!
Post a Comment