Thursday, June 30, 2011

summer happenings...

A friend on facebook recently wrote this as their status:

"As of June 21st, the days only get shorter from here on out. Getting ready for winter again!"
-The name of this friend goes anonymous, as I fear that throngs of people will hunt them down, including me, with table forks and beach shovels.

Seriously?? We just got OUT of winter, and people are already buying parkas for Winter 2012?
Around our house, we will have no such talk of the W-word. We are soaking up the sun and loving every minute of it.

Because it is just that. Minutes. SUMMER CAN BE COUNTED BY MINUTES IN UPSTATE NY AND I SAVOR EVERY ONE.
Although I have a weekly fruit share from the local farm, I couldn't say no when friends asked if we would like to go berry picking with them. It's always a blast to take the kids out, let them roam in the fields until I can't tell if the speck I see at the top of the hill is my child or a goat from the farm.

It was a lot of fun for Isaac to see some of his preschool buddies again. They ran up to him and screamed, "Isaaaaaaaac!" and then quickly got to doing what boys do best: finding "black holes", that lead to Annakin, that lead to a pirate ship, which transports them back in time with Dinosaurs, which they then ward off through the help of Buzz Lightyear...

Eliza eating one tiny bite out of each of the strawberries.




Another recent adventure was a trip to the Abraham Lincoln Park, up on Irondequoit Bay. Does it have anything to do with Abraham Lincoln? From the looks of it, not really. But it was SO.MUCH.FUN. The entire playground is made from fallen trees. I was in heaven, and so were the kids. It just recently opened, and I have a very funny feeling that this park will soon be the new hot spot to take kids. There are several trails that lead to the bay as well. We'll do those next time!

If you are a Rochesterian (??) be sure to take your kids!






No comments: